SBCGlobal is one of the most dominating communication companies in the world. It offers several innovative services such as landline telephone services, Wi-Fi, and 4G mobile networks. Among the services this company renders is helping you set up and change your email account.
This guide shows you the best settings for the SBCGlobal.net email. Keep reading!
Settings for the SBCGlobal IMAP Email
The Internet Access Massage Protocol (IMAP) stores Email messages on the mail server. For it to work well, you must configure both the incoming and outgoing mail server. The IMAP server is highly recommended for its flexibility and efficiency. You have different security options and they are very safe. The incoming servers include IMAP4 and POP3.
Configuring the SBCGlobal IMAP Email is easy and straight forward. Follow the steps below to set up the IMAP.
- Input the IMAP in the Account Type field.
- Next, input the username. This allows you to set up an email account.
- You are now to enter your server hostname. For this, use imap.mail.att.net.
- Next step, enter the port of the server – use 993. After that, type the password inside the Authentication field.
That’s it! Your set up for SBCGlobal IMAP Email is successful.
Android Settings for the SBCGlobal Email
You need to download and install the Gmail app on your Android device to do this. It makes it easy for your email account to be connected to your mobile device.
Follow these steps:
- Click on the Menu bar on the Gmail application. This is located on the screen of your Gmail account – by the upper-left side.
- Next, click on the arrow symbol pointing downward. Again, this is located on the Menu bar, close to your Gmail ID.
- Now click on the Add Account tab. Another screen will be opened on your mobile device where you will find a list of several Email administration suppliers.
- Ignore the list and click on “Other”. You will be sent a request to input your Email ID – this would show on the next screen.
- Provide your Email password on the field as shown. Then click on the “Manual Setup” option or the “Next” button. Another screen would open.
- Next, you are to select either POP3, IMAP, and Exchange.
- Select the POP3 and click on the Next button. At this point, enter the password of your SBCGlobal Email account.
- After entering the password, click on the Next button. Another screen will open. Here, you need to provide both the Incoming Server Settings and Outgoing Server Settings.
- For the Incoming Server Settings, please use mail.yahoo.com. Enter it in the field provided, then click on the Next button.
- For the Outgoing Server Settings, you should also enter mail.yahoo.com in the field provided. After inputting this settings, tap on the Next button for the final step.
- This is the last step. You are now on the new screen/page. This is the stage to allocate a name to your account. When you have done this, submit.
That’s it. The settings above allow you to be able to fully benefit from the services provided by SBCGlobal Email.